Sunday, February 13, 2011

People II

I've been giving it some thought and I think that it bothers me that people have feelings because their feelings could be hurt and that could hurt me.  When my son was littler he wanted me to help another child, he begged me to.  Luckily for me the child's caregiver showed up before too much came from it.  I recognized myself in my son at that moment and I also recognized how much I had suppressed those feelings just to be able to live in the world.  Now I wonder if we are both plugged into our glowing boxes trying hard not to feel.  Luckily neither of us have problems sleeping so we can unplug and go right to sleep.  I feel bad for my son though because there was a time for me where I could just be me with myself, alone with no distractions.  I don't know if he's ever been like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment